Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hello!

Welcome to my blog!  So, this is my plan:  no more inaction.  No more feeling sorry for the life that I've wasted not pursuing my dreams.  I want to do the things I've always wanted to do, always dreamed of doing, always was afraid of doing before it's too late. Mark Twain said that it's always the things in life that you didn't do that you regret the most.  And, Dave Matthews said, "The future is no place to place your better days."   In the same vein as Nike's famous slogan, "Just Do It", I will spend the next year trying really hard to add some life in the years of my life that remain.

I have a good life.  I have a wonderful husband and family who love and support me.  I have a job as a high school teacher where I get to positively influence young people.  I have relatively good health, minus the occasional foot pain and pulled muscles.  I have a nice home in a nice neighborhood with nice neighbors and a wonderful circle of friends.  So, you may ask....why the change?  I don't want to change things, just add to the life that I already have.  Fill in what's missing, so to speak.  That void is strong and will pull you in if you let it.  I have been pulled in and now I want out.

I hope that I can influence you, too, to get out there and do "stuff" and have adventure and follow your dreams.  Pursue this project with me and let me know how it's going.  Treat life as dessert...and savor it first!

No comments:

Post a Comment